Monday, November 18, 2013

No One Speaks Quite Like You

Hello all,

How good is our God? A small thought.

Last night at small group we were talking about the Lost and what is our role as the church is. I love our small group because we bounce ideas off each other, learn from each other, and grow together. It's everything I love about small groups. Well we were talking and I was telling them about my fears and desires to tell people I work with, how much Jesus loves them. I feel like I have come up short in this area. I feel the weight of all of this on my shoulders and there isn't much left to do, simply because I'm out of time. Of course, me being me, I start crying, but not until after I have choked out what I wanted to say. Then in all of their encouragement, I begin to cry, silent tears. I just listen to their encouragement, and it didn't settle me. I loved listening to what they had to say, but the reality of Heaven and Hell has been so real, I couldn't be calm. I couldn't have peace knowing that people I really really care about may never spend eternity in Heaven. They said, "You can't save everybody." and cue the actual sobs, breathing hard and whatnot. Just look away. Then some sweet words, "I'm sure the way you live your life, people see Jesus."

Still no offense to these wonderful people, something wasn't sitting right, and I was still upset. I wasn't very comforted by their words. EVEN THOUGH they were good words, encouraging words, I just didn't want to hear it from them.

Then this morning, I was spending a lot of time with Jesus, well because I NEEDED to. It was wonderful just like it always is when I hang out with him. I came across this passage:

"But I thank God, who always leads us to victory. Wherever we go, God uses us to make clear what it means to know Christ. It's like a fragrance that fills the air. To God we are the aroma of Christ among those who are saved and among those who are dying. To some people we are a deadly fragrance, while to others we are life giving fragrance.  Who is qualified to tell about Christ? At least we don't go around selling an impure word of God like other. The opposite is true. As Christ's spokesmen and in God's presence, we speak the pure message that comes from God." 2nd Corinthians 2: 12-17

This is exactly what was spoken to me the night before, but the thing was missing was WHO spoke it to me.

No one speaks quite like you, God. Thank you Jesus, for the comfort and Your compassion.

Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment