Monday, May 19, 2014

Update and a little bit of Jesus

Hello all,

It's been a while. Real quickly, here's an update for the Frankins.
- Zane graduated on Saturday from Virginia Tech! (woohoo, the Master)
-Zane has a job offer for the University of Texas (hook em)
- Zane is interviewing with Johns Hopkins in about 2 weeks!
- Waiting on Georgia Tech to get the process started.
- Now, seriously thinking about PhD school (for Zane) starting in Aug 2015 (Northen Cal here we come!! (maybe))
- I started a gymnastics class - it's last day is today
- I took a class last week that got the ball rolling, slowly, towards nursing school!!

Whew, I'm sure there is more, but it's okay. Mostly all of that is pertinent to what I wanted to say today.  Of course all of this is exciting to think about. We have so many options on the table. What's a teeny-tiny family to do? I was talking to a friend and she asked me a question. My answer got me thinking. Don't you love it when that happens? Like you weren't expecting something to rock your world when it comes out your mouth or to your brain and you realize, YES, this is what the Lord is teaching me.

She asked me, "Where do you feel like the Lord is calling you?" A very good and thought provoking question, seeing as how I am always saying when it comes to this stuff, "we just want to be where the Lord wants us." Although still true, I sort of put that on the back burner. I realized that location is not the answer. Anywhere we choose, the Lord will use us, this I know. What I answered has been rolling through my head making me think.

It's not a WHERE He wants us, and a WHO He wants us to be. That totally rocked me to my core. Who is the Lord leading me to be, as a wife, as a person, as a Jesus lover. How is he shaping me? What attributes is He refining in me? Patience for example is a huge one. Patience towards school is a big one for me, home buying, motherhood, and more. He is calling me to be an encourager, especially to Zane, whether that is encouraging him in the way he is going or encouraging him to try something new and scary and maybe a little hard because it's more school in a really expensive part of the country. He is calling me to be a supportive wife, even if that means moving to Texas, standing behind Zane and saying, we can do this! He is calling me to be humble all the time. Especially when it comes to not having a job, and feeling like I don't contribute. I do contribute. I bring a lot to the table in this marriage, it just doesn't have a monetary value on it. There is a lot.

So the Franklins are not (entirely) worried about where we are going to end up. Or the process of how to get there. We are focused on being the people that God has called us to be. It is extremely freeing resting in that.

Here's a verse I'll leave you with that I ADORE!
"When I worried about many things, your assuring words soothed my soul." Psalm 94:19

Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment