Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Slow day at work

Hello all,


I'm sitting here at work. It's a little slow, and that's okay. I have my Pandora station playing. Hillsong United, and just having a little time with my Jesus. My my, how good is He!

Virginia is a dark place. My constant prayer since being here is that Jesus's light would truly shine out of me. That I would stand up for my faith in boldness, and not be ashamed, nor back down. It's difficult. I realized how easy it was in Auburn. I hung out with people who truly loved Jesus everyday. When I was around people who didn't love the Lord, it was for only an hour - 3 hours most. Even then, there was someone who I could flock to so I didn't have to hear f bombs or cursing in general every 5 min. In Virginia, it has been rare to find someone who follows Jesus. The one person I have found is moving to West Virginia soon. That is who I am pretty much filling in for at the office. If anything, this has made me run into the arms of Jesus more. I see how faithful he is, and because I am trusting in him, I have been bolder than normal when talking about him to my co-workers.

I have been reading "Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson. Let me just take a minute and honor him. That dude serves Jesus in a cool way. I am constantly challenged by him and his words. Anyway his whole point of the book is to take a prayer request and watch Jesus do a miracle through our prayers by circling them, like the Israelites circled Jericho and the walls came tumbling down. God performed a huge miracle, and it has kind of challenged the way I pray. Then the other day, someone ( I can't remember who) tweeted something along the lines, If God were to answer all your prayers for the last 30 days, would it only change you, or would they change the world? And I was like, HELLOOOO. Anyway, my prayer life hasn't been focused on me lately, which is nice. I experience a new freedom when I pray for someone else, instead of just me.

Anyways, I have been circling people. If you would like to join me, I can give you their first names.
-Amanda
-Geoffery
-Daniel
-Lara

I was talking to a few a them because Zane and I are still trying to find a church. We don't know much about the area, so just gathering information from all areas. Most of them grew up in church but was burned by the church when they tried to step into a church of their own. They said church became weird and freaked them out, not in the good way. And then what one of them said to me, made me cry on my drive home as I was praying for him. He said, "My family is religious. I don't like any religions because when I came out no one accepted me." To be quite honest, I was furious. I even told him I'm sorry as I was holding back tears. No one could look past this guy's homosexuality to actually love him like Christ loved all sinners. "God demonstrated his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8. Everybody.

The greatest and coolest thing is that the people I talk to, want to want to desire church and hopefully Jesus. That's my prayer. I can shine the light of Jesus. Love them like Jesus loves me, ultimately pointing them toward the greatest Lover of all.

On a slightly less heavy note. Married life is still awesome. I am getting sick so last night instead of washing dishes like a dutiful wife, I went to bed. 10 hours of sleep and still feel like poo. But I have loved coming home to Zane. He has been wonderful. He's made dinner almost every night. This week we looked up recipes to try and went to the grocery store to buy the food for this week. It's been de-licous!!

Sunday we had chicken with garlic and brown sugar. We also had carrots and greenbeans sauted in the leftover garlic and brown sugar sauce. delish!
Monday, Zane got fancy and got out of order for the menu I planned out for this week. Okay with me. We had taco mac and cheese!! yummm
Yesterday we had tomato basil and mozarrella paninis!! oh we added bacon :)
Today Zane texted me and asked if we wanted bbq apple bacon chicken or tilapia! I said the bbq apple bacon chicken! it's a crock pot recipe and I am at work so I hope the husband figures everything out. What I would like is to lay down and go to bed.

Zane on the other hand already has homework. He was working on it when I came home last night. I said "What are you doing?" "Homework." "You already have homework? It's the first day. " "1. I'm in Engineering. 2. I'm in Grad School."

Ahh the days of homework. I'm excited to have time to read again.

That should be about all. I miss everyone a lot. Especially my bridesmaids. They are like family to me.

If you've made it all the way through, thank you. I have a couple prayer requests, please.
1. Zane and I find a church
2. I feel better. I hate being sick.
3. We find godly people who we can connect with and be friends with. Although this comes with our first prayer request.


Love you all,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment